COVID-19 Patient Information
COVID-19 Patient Information
Last Update – 02/08/2021
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the safety of our patients and staff remains our first priority.
The practice remains open for consultations, procedures and vascular ultrasounds, with the conditions of entry listed below. Please do not enter the practice if you are unwell, even if it seems to be a minor cold. We will gladly assist with rescheduling your appointment.
During Queensland Government directed lockdown periods, non-medically essential healthcare (such as cosmetic spider vein treatment) will be postponed. The practice staff will contact you to reschedule your appointment if you are impacted.
As per the current health recommendations, we have implemented social distancing and additional infection control policies in the practice as follows:
- Additional cleaning and sanitising of our practice to prevent viral transmission
- Hand sanitiser is widely available throughout the practice
- Removing magazines and toys from our waiting room – feel free to bring your own and avoid sharing them with other patients
- Telehealth is available for online patient consultations (although this may not be the most appropriate option for some patients)
During your time in the clinic, we ask that you help us maintain a sanitary environment by:
- Please observe social distancing, and stay 1.5 m from staff and other visitors to the practice
- Using the hand sanitiser provided
- Avoiding handshakes, and other unnecessary physical contact
- Do not bring other family members/friends with you into the clinic unless absolutely necessary for care or support
- Do not enter the practice earlier than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Please wait in your car if you arrive early
- We prefer payment via “tap & go” credit/debit cards if possible to avoid handling cash. We do not charge a surcharge for credit card transactions
- Wear a face mask if required by the current Queensland Health directives. If you have an exemption, please bring your letter of exemption from your GP to the appointment. Patients are supported in choosing to use face masks when not required by current directives.
Due to the high transmission rate and the fact that many of our patients fall into at-risk categories, we kindly ask that you delay your visit to the clinic if you:
- Experience any cold/flu-like or respiratory symptoms (coughing, fever, shortness of breath, muscular aches and pains, headache, sore throat, runny nose)
- Have visited a declared hotspot/exposure site or had contact with individuals from an exposure site in the previous 2 weeks
If you are unwell or have been asked to enter quarantine or self-isolation, we ask that you notify us immediately on (07) 5444 2422 so we can assist by rescheduling your appointment.
We will endeavour to keep you updated via our web page as the situation changes. Patients will be notified as soon as possible if there are any changes to our scheduling or services. You may also call the clinic directly on (07) 5444 2422.