COVID-19 Patient Information
COVID-19 Patient Information
Last Update – 17/05/2020
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the safety of our patients and staff remains our first priority.
The practice remains open for consultations, procedures and vascular ultrasounds, with the provisions listed below. In the current circumstances, we understand if you would prefer to delay your appointment, but please advise us as soon as possible so the appointment can be offered to another patient.
Emergency and category 1 and 2 elective surgery is continuing. This includes most arterial and renal access procedures, and complicated varicose veins. It was announced on the 15th May that the National Cabinet agree to resume all elective surgery, but at a pace set by the individual states. We are awaiting further advice from the State Government in regards any ongoing elective surgery restrictions.
As per the current health recommendations, we have implemented social distancing and additional infection control policies in the practice as follows:
- Additional cleaning and sanitising of our practice to prevent viral transmission
- Hand sanitiser is widely available throughout the practice
- Removing magazines and toys from our waiting room – feel free to bring your own and avoid sharing them with other patients
- Telehealth is available for online patient consultations (although this may not be the most appropriate option for some patients)
During your time in the clinic, we ask that you help us maintain a sanitary environment by:
- Using the hand sanitiser provided
- Avoiding handshakes, and other unnecessary physical contact
- Coughing and sneezing directly into your elbow, or into a tissue which can be immediately disposed of
- Do not bring other family members/friends with you into the clinic unless absolutely necessary
- Do not enter the practice earlier than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Please wait in your car if you arrive early
- We prefer payment via “tap & go” credit/debit cards if possible to avoid handling cash. We do not charge a surcharge for credit card transactions
Due to the high transmission rate and the fact that many of our patients fall into at-risk categories, we kindly ask that you delay your visit to the clinic if you:
- Experience any flu-like or respiratory symptoms (coughing, fever, shortness of breath, muscular aches and pains, headache, sore throat)
- Have been in recent contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Have returned from interstate or overseas travel or a cruise within the last 2 weeks
If you are unwell or have been asked to enter quarantine or self-isolation, we ask that you notify us immediately on (07) 5444 2422 so we can assist by rescheduling your appointment.
We will endeavour to keep you updated via our web page as the situation changes. Patients will be notified as soon as possible if there are any changes to our scheduling or services. You may also call the clinic directly on (07) 5444 2422.